Langsung ke konten utama

Moonlight Sonata

In the midst of Coronavirus pandemic, mass hysteria, and panic buying, I suddenly found a man played Moonlight Sonata to an old elephant, Mongkol, on a YouTube channel. As if the logarithm knows what's best to keep me calm while struggling to balance work life and private life.

Anyway, Mongkol is one of many elephants that was released after years in captivity. A brutal logging practice injured him. He lost his right eye and tusk. Mongkol was rescued to Elephant World to spend the rest of his days peacefully by the River Kwai.

Working From Home, for several reasons, isn't a 100% solution for interactive learning activities since active learning and positive interactions should be done in a real face to face. All sweat, stress, and tears are worth it. Day one was the hardest.

Hopefully it will go more smoothly the following days. Oh I miss the days when I was at school, greeted parents, caregivers, and absolutely my beloved students. We were having fun until go home time and say goodbye. Life is no longer easy in 2020. Next year is another year.

As the night tuck me into the bed, let me listen to some more lyrical instruments, let me imagine if I were the one who played Mongkol the Moonlight Sonata. Looking at how he flapped his thin and large ears over and over, and swang his big and long trunk up and down, swayed his long tail side to side, all the cues he attempted to show me, remain one of the most memorable events in my life. Let me give him both a big hug and a kiss in return.

And a special thank to Ombucin for helping me to get through an unpleasant week(s). Thank you for making yourself settled down, had a cup of coffee and sat next to me. I find myself overwhelmed by every little thing. Please, heal up soon world.

(Stay safe and stay home)

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...

Puisi Terjemahan Rumi - When I Die

Saya mencoba menerjemahkan sajak yang ditulis oleh Rumi berjudul ' When I Die '. Selamat membaca, kawan! *** Ketika Maut Menjemputku Ketika maut menjemputku ketika peti jenazahku disiapkan jangan kau kira aku merindukan kehidupan dunia jangan menitikkan air mata jangan sesekali meratapi atau berduka cita aku tidak sedang terjerembab ke dalam neraka para iblis tatkala kau saksikan jasadku dipikul berhentilah menangisi kepergianku aku tidak pergi sebaliknya aku sedang berada di sisi Sang Maha Penyayang bila kau beringsut  dari peristirahatan terakhirku jangan ucapkan selamat tinggal ingatlah bahwa pusara sejatinya hanya sebuah tirai yang menyembunyikan firdaus di belakangnya kau hanya akan menyaksikanku terbujur di liang lahad kini lihatlah kebangkitanku bagaimana mungkin yang kau saksikan menjadi sebuah akhir tatkala matahari tenggelam atau bulan terbenam yang terekam di matamu tampak seperti akhir juga seperti senja namun sebaliknya, yang kau saksikan adalah fajar saat maut men...

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍