Langsung ke konten utama

Praying

Prayer is a form of religious practice that seeks to activate a volitional connection to a god, deity or spirit, through deliberate practice. Prayer may be either individual or communal and take place in public or in private. It may involve the use of words or song. When language is used, prayer may take the form of a hymn, incantation, formal creedal statement, or a spontaneous utterance in the praying person. There are different forms of prayer such as petitionary prayer, prayers of supplication, thanksgiving, and worship/praise. Prayer may be directed towards a deity, spirit, deceased person, or lofty idea, for the purpose of worshiping, requesting guidance, requesting assistance, confessing sins or to express one's thoughts and emotions. Thus, people pray for many reasons such as personal benefit or for the sake of others.
Most major religions involve prayer in one way or another. Some ritualize the act of prayer, requiring a strict sequence of actions or placing a restriction on who is permitted to pray, while others teach that prayer may be practiced spontaneously by anyone at any time.
Scientific studies regarding the use of prayer have mostly concentrated on its effect on the healing of sick or injured people. The efficacy of petition in prayer for physical healing to a deity has been evaluated in numerous studies, with contradictory results.[1][2][3][4] There has been some criticism of the way the studies were conducted.[5][6]

--will be continued in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praying

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...

Puisi Terjemahan Rumi - When I Die

Saya mencoba menerjemahkan sajak yang ditulis oleh Rumi berjudul ' When I Die '. Selamat membaca, kawan! *** Ketika Maut Menjemputku Ketika maut menjemputku ketika peti jenazahku disiapkan jangan kau kira aku merindukan kehidupan dunia jangan menitikkan air mata jangan sesekali meratapi atau berduka cita aku tidak sedang terjerembab ke dalam neraka para iblis tatkala kau saksikan jasadku dipikul berhentilah menangisi kepergianku aku tidak pergi sebaliknya aku sedang berada di sisi Sang Maha Penyayang bila kau beringsut  dari peristirahatan terakhirku jangan ucapkan selamat tinggal ingatlah bahwa pusara sejatinya hanya sebuah tirai yang menyembunyikan firdaus di belakangnya kau hanya akan menyaksikanku terbujur di liang lahad kini lihatlah kebangkitanku bagaimana mungkin yang kau saksikan menjadi sebuah akhir tatkala matahari tenggelam atau bulan terbenam yang terekam di matamu tampak seperti akhir juga seperti senja namun sebaliknya, yang kau saksikan adalah fajar saat maut men...

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍