Langsung ke konten utama

The Essence of Learning New Things Every Day

Everyone basically has opportunities to learn something new every day. They learn to get a new skill or to let go of what doesn't belong to them. The cycle comes and goes. Learning something new is not only a shortcut to improve one's life, but also to make one's meaningful, and their presence could make the simplest form of change. 

I was once asked about the skills I have other than teaching. I confidently responded to them that I have enough skills in writing, photography, and cooking. While doing my responsibilities in the class, I value the three areas will be beneficial for me in professionalism. I have unlimited resources to access them if one day, I could only choose one area to support me for a living. 

As an individual who has to make a move every day, I see learning as a potential way that brings us to become more selfless. We can learn new things every day as long as we have the courage and willingness to be a beginner. A beginner carries honesty since they have to admit that they need the world to open up. By being a beginner, we are one step ahead of those who are afraid of failure, being pushed out of their comfort zone, worrying about losing respect, choosing to be a scrub and waiting for their besties to do things for them, and believing one could no longer learn at this stage. 

Learning something new initiates us to discover the world, it's inside us. Learning as a mental process, is not about an outcome, but a series of actions that embrace concentration, repetition, the love of order, freedom of choice, the love of work, the need for no reward nor punishment, the love of silence, and a sense of personal dignity. It aligns with what Maria Montessori observed in Casa dei Bambini, the school where she dedicated her life to children. 

This past one year, I have been learning to work with Canva in creating the Friday Theme invitations. I also learn about video editing, surely the simple ones. I learned to communicate better and more efficiently the moment my friend and I became the person in charge of the children's field trip. I learned another way of teaching in Montessori and I hope to get my diploma by the end of 2024. I learned to observe people around me, imitating the qualities they have to support me and ignore the things that are necessary to leave behind. I also watched how my boss learned new things every day with her new responsibilities and unceasing challenges. I am content of being able to be a part of a supportive and inspiring environment. I can see the sparks of independence.

In learning, I do believe we are responsible for displaying the energy to be an active learner. We learn not only on our own but also with the prompts of a teacher. It requires the collaboration between the learner and the one who will guide us. We are peers via social interactions. That's what assistive learning means according to Vygotsky. 

For now, the best thing I could do to get more exposure to learn new things every day is by reading, mentoring or guidance from a mentor, and experiential learning and hands-on projects. I should also attempt to learn in many forms, with intentions and curiosity. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍

Puisi Terjemahan Rumi - When I Die

Saya mencoba menerjemahkan sajak yang ditulis oleh Rumi berjudul ' When I Die '. Selamat membaca, kawan! *** Ketika Maut Menjemputku Ketika maut menjemputku ketika peti jenazahku disiapkan jangan kau kira aku merindukan kehidupan dunia jangan menitikkan air mata jangan sesekali meratapi atau berduka cita aku tidak sedang terjerembab ke dalam neraka para iblis tatkala kau saksikan jasadku dipikul berhentilah menangisi kepergianku aku tidak pergi sebaliknya aku sedang berada di sisi Sang Maha Penyayang bila kau beringsut  dari peristirahatan terakhirku jangan ucapkan selamat tinggal ingatlah bahwa pusara sejatinya hanya sebuah tirai yang menyembunyikan firdaus di belakangnya kau hanya akan menyaksikanku terbujur di liang lahad kini lihatlah kebangkitanku bagaimana mungkin yang kau saksikan menjadi sebuah akhir tatkala matahari tenggelam atau bulan terbenam yang terekam di matamu tampak seperti akhir juga seperti senja namun sebaliknya, yang kau saksikan adalah fajar saat maut men...