Langsung ke konten utama

Bed Rest

When I fell ill I simply hate other people staring at me like I could see their vision, there's this judgment I was just a fraction of weak body to which depended on the remorse. As the time goes by, I couldn't care less, no more, what's in their mind, for their lack of empathy which is beyond my control. One day, when I was about 5 or 6 years old, I had asthma. I was laying on a couch while my mom gave her support to help me took some medicine. I posed a question, "Why I very often stayed home, forcing myself to have bed rest all day long with that sort of bizarre position, shovelled medicine and water to my mouth at the same time, savored the plain porridges, etc?" My mom tucked me into the bed. Then she said "you're chosen to be a strong girl." While got herself all set to be off to office, she added "I'll see you soon. You'll be alright. I'd prepared some pills on the table, take it within the next eight hours." She kissed me goodbye, left me with hours of unspeakable pain. 


Anyway, pills always transformed itself into a demonic spirit when I need to swallow it. No matter how much water I drank, it won't work that easy. It always got stuck and made me bang my head against a brick. My mom came up with a solution. I drip small amount of water on a tablespoon, then I soaked the pills in the water for a few minutes until the pills totally melted. I could eat sugar afterwards. Mom reminded me too not to drink too much water to prevent nausea and vomiting.


Now after 3 days of Covid19 vaccination, I don't feel comfortable for I need to put up with its side effects. I got fever, migraine, swollen arms (it is exactly on the spot where the doctor gave me the shot), and experienced shortness of breath. It was my fault, rather than having a bed rest, I went to a gym center. The next day after vaccination, my body reacts to it. What if I have asthma again like I had two years ago? Surely asthma won't be easy to deal with. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍

Puisi Terjemahan Rumi - When I Die

Saya mencoba menerjemahkan sajak yang ditulis oleh Rumi berjudul ' When I Die '. Selamat membaca, kawan! *** Ketika Maut Menjemputku Ketika maut menjemputku ketika peti jenazahku disiapkan jangan kau kira aku merindukan kehidupan dunia jangan menitikkan air mata jangan sesekali meratapi atau berduka cita aku tidak sedang terjerembab ke dalam neraka para iblis tatkala kau saksikan jasadku dipikul berhentilah menangisi kepergianku aku tidak pergi sebaliknya aku sedang berada di sisi Sang Maha Penyayang bila kau beringsut  dari peristirahatan terakhirku jangan ucapkan selamat tinggal ingatlah bahwa pusara sejatinya hanya sebuah tirai yang menyembunyikan firdaus di belakangnya kau hanya akan menyaksikanku terbujur di liang lahad kini lihatlah kebangkitanku bagaimana mungkin yang kau saksikan menjadi sebuah akhir tatkala matahari tenggelam atau bulan terbenam yang terekam di matamu tampak seperti akhir juga seperti senja namun sebaliknya, yang kau saksikan adalah fajar saat maut men...