Our Story
It started in 2023, at a gym.
We met as friends, training together and slowly getting to know one another. At the time, however, life had placed us on different paths, so we kept our distance and continued with our own lives.
Five months passed.
After a chapter in our lives had come to an end, our paths crossed again. This time, we were both in a different place—ready to talk, ready to listen, and perhaps ready to discover what had been waiting quietly between us.
But I did not say yes immediately.
My previous relationship had taught me that love should not simply be about feelings. It should also be about wisdom, commitment, respect, and the courage to be realistic. So, before beginning another relationship, I asked my father's blessing and perspective. It was the first time I had ever done so.
His advice was simple: let the relationship grow naturally. Do not expect too much, but be realistic. Respect each other as partners. And if a man truly wants to build a life with you, commitment will reveal itself through time.
So, with a little courage and a lot of prayer, I said yes.
And on the very day we officially became a couple, we went to an orphanage to share happiness with the children. Later, we had dinner with one of his friends, where he introduced me as “the love of my life.”
I was incredibly shy đ€
There was even a funny little moment when two gentlemen came over and asked whether his friend was a football player. Since nobody had introduced him that way, I confidently said, “No, he isn't.” They walked away looking slightly disappointed.
We still laugh about it.
On the way home that evening, we listened to A New Day Has Come by Céline Dion.
Somehow, that song became ours.
Whenever I missed him, especially when distance became part of our story, I would play it and remember that sometimes a new beginning arrives quietly—and sometimes it arrives in the form of someone finding their way back to you.
A few months later, he returned to his hometown, and suddenly we were miles apart for almost twelve weeks. For two people who had only just begun building a relationship, the distance was not easy.
Then, one day, he came back to Jakarta without telling me.
He surprised me.
There were mornings when he would come to my house as early as 6 a.m. just to see me. He kept showing up, and I noticed. I appreciated every effort, every early morning, and every reminder that love is not only something we say—it is something we do.
His return to Jakarta brought another crossroads. He was preparing to build a future in another country, while I was still completing my Montessori Diploma.
So I asked him, “Could you wait until I finish?”
He said yes.
And he did.
A year later, he applied for his Master's degree in the United Kingdom. He was accepted, travelled to Scotland, completed his Master's journey, and continued building his career there.
And then came another chapter:
Long distance.
Glasgow and Jakarta.
Different clocks. Different routines. Busy days. Exhausted nights. Missed calls. Responsibilities that sometimes had to be carried separately.
It was not always easy.
But through everything, we remained a team.
There were moments when life tested us, moments when we misunderstood each other, moments when we needed space to grow, and moments when we had to find our way back to one another.
We learned that choosing each other does not mean never having difficulties.
Sometimes, choosing each other means reconciling, learning, forgiving, growing, and choosing again.
Our bodies became tired.
Our lives became busy.
But somehow, our hearts kept finding the same place.
And after all the distance, waiting, uncertainty, laughter, tears, adventures, prayers, and countless conversations...
here we are.
Today, we tie the knot.
We begin a new chapter not because our journey has been perfect, but because every chapter has taught us something about love, patience, commitment, and becoming better together.
One day, Insya Allah, we hope to tell these stories to our son and daughter—to tell them about the gym where we first met, the early mornings, the twelve weeks apart, the long flights, the time differences, the difficult days, the laughter, and the song that stayed with us through it all.
We hope they will learn that love is not simply about finding someone.
It is about growing with someone.
It is about making room for each other's dreams.
It is about becoming a team without losing who you are.
And it is about continuing to walk forward, even when the road changes.
Bismillah.
Here begins our newest adventure.
May we never stop dreaming, never stop growing, and never stop choosing one another.
May we walk through every new season hand in hand, through this life and, Insya Allah, all the way to Jannah.
With love,
Me and Him
2027
Komentar
Posting Komentar
hembusan yang akan disampaikan pada nona-angin