Langsung ke konten utama

Allow Me

7.30 a.m. has become a significant moment
Fo me, twas time to put myself together
The kids would be arriving to say hello and play
They insisted that was their main duty
And I would be with them asking deeper questions and examining the real world

How about you, my love? 
For sure I would know twas time for you to rest
To untangle your weariness, to tuck yourself into the bed, to let the night soothed your mind and soul
Then, for us, did it have meaningful messages?

My love, you brought winter, spring, summer, and fall to the table
The moment when we talked, I saw life in your eyes
The energy shone through your face
It spoke the spirit to keep walking even if the pebbles hurting our feet along the journey
I saw nothing but hope in your smile,
in how you showed your presence

Dear my love, I wanna know
How did I look in your eyes?
What was your insight about all of me in particular?
What message you would deliver when we're miles away? 
Would you still hold my hand and face hardship?
Would you?

My love Egwu, that's how I would write my name in 2027
I vividly remember when I was telling you
I loved your hair, not too short nor too long
And you told me you haven't had your hair cut
I said I saw grey hair on your beard, we both were growing old
Then, you responded it wasn't 
Instead it was the reflection of the blue light from your phone
And your cheeks, it was showing your sleepless nights and restless days

My love, allow me to mention your name in my prayers
May Allah grant us the fresh dates falling off the tree, 
the fresh water from flowing stream beneath our feet
ease our minds with happiness and tenderness

Good night, love
This same bed and it feels just a little bit bigger
Without you has become a serious challenge
But knowing you would never leave,
has become a tiny fire that kept my heart warm

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...

Puisi Terjemahan Rumi - When I Die

Saya mencoba menerjemahkan sajak yang ditulis oleh Rumi berjudul ' When I Die '. Selamat membaca, kawan! *** Ketika Maut Menjemputku Ketika maut menjemputku ketika peti jenazahku disiapkan jangan kau kira aku merindukan kehidupan dunia jangan menitikkan air mata jangan sesekali meratapi atau berduka cita aku tidak sedang terjerembab ke dalam neraka para iblis tatkala kau saksikan jasadku dipikul berhentilah menangisi kepergianku aku tidak pergi sebaliknya aku sedang berada di sisi Sang Maha Penyayang bila kau beringsut  dari peristirahatan terakhirku jangan ucapkan selamat tinggal ingatlah bahwa pusara sejatinya hanya sebuah tirai yang menyembunyikan firdaus di belakangnya kau hanya akan menyaksikanku terbujur di liang lahad kini lihatlah kebangkitanku bagaimana mungkin yang kau saksikan menjadi sebuah akhir tatkala matahari tenggelam atau bulan terbenam yang terekam di matamu tampak seperti akhir juga seperti senja namun sebaliknya, yang kau saksikan adalah fajar saat maut men...

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍