Langsung ke konten utama

Hai!

Kau tahu bahwa mengucapkan maaf, tolong, dan terima kasih, tidak keluar begitu saja dari mulut. Kata-kata magis itu mempunyai makna yang mendalam, baik bagi yang mengucapkan maupun bagi yang mendengarkan. Ketiganya tidak lantas diucapkan karena kita terbiasa mengucapkannya dan kemudian menjadi kebiasaan sehari-hari.

Akan ada bedanya apabila kata-kata tersebut diucapkan tanpa betul-betul bermaksud meminta maaf, meminta tolong, dan berterima kasih. Jika benar demikian, yang diucapkan tidak lebih dari konsep abstrak, sebab kita 'tuman'. Tetapi, siapakah kita yang berhak menghakimi persepsi orang lain?

Ah, ada satu hal lain yang ingin saya utarakan. Apabila kata maaf diganti dengan terima kasih, apa yang akan terjadi? Apakah logika bahasanya tetap sama? Misalnya seperti ini, ketika mengucapkan "maafkan saya terlalu banyak bicara" diganti dengan "terima kasih bersedia mendengarkan saya kali ini".

Ucapan yang pertama disampaikan karena kita merasa 'insecure' dan membebani orang lain dengan apa yang dilakukan, sedangkan yang kedua disampaikan sebagai bentuk apresiasi terhadap lawan bicara, dan menurut saya pribadi, pilihan kedua terdengar lebih diplomatis. Lantas mana yang disukai? Itu pilihan, dan kita bebas memilih.

Tabik!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...

The Most Precious Thing

To my fiancé, thank you for being a strong man even when hard times still hit that hard. Your 'cegil' is so proud of you. Dear Dadda K, to be with you has taken me to love myself more. Thank you for being gentle and listening to me and us. I have never felt less as a woman because I finally found my real power. Through the peaks and valleys, through the lengthy journey, I do believe the right train will never pass us by. In this horse year, let's be more kind to each other. Let kindness be the beginning of our story. Dear Daddy K, there were moments I might be afraid of losing us. The worries somehow spiraling. At the end I have to decide and take an action of not letting the hassle consuming me more. The peace, positivity, and tenderness are greater. This morning I looked at myself through the mirror. I asked, "who is this girl I see?" It instantly brought me back to you. I am loved, and your actions are the living proof. It's not only a love letter. I wrote ...