Langsung ke konten utama

Special Self-made Jamu

This past ten days, I was feeling low, having lack of sleep, mood swings, and external stressors. I was also doing diet that affects my health condition. It got worse since I had cramps during my first and second day of period. I was literally dying, I needed the ambulance, and doctor and my Mom and my Daddy K. 


I saw doctor to get medical treatment for the cough, flu, and frequent sudden nose bleed. I requested to get antibiotics if it's possible, but the doctor said I didn't really need it. After 5 days treating myself well but still had tons of work to do, my health condition didn't improve that significant. Anyways, I had parents-teachers meeting as well for several hours so I had to postpone my lunch time 3 hours. I was shaking like a leaf. 


I went home after finishing my duty. My sister rang me and that's how I know about this powerful drink and we call it 'Jamu'. It's quite simple to prepare one. I am content to be able to experience the benefit of drinking jamu twice a day regularly. It has been my third day. And I feel much better. 


To prepare one, I will need turmeric, ginger, lemongrass, cloves, drops of lemon, and honey. I don't need to grind them, just slice and chop, then boil. To improve the taste, add lemon juice and honey. That's one of best remedy I could ever drink. Easy peasy, fresh, warming, and I will definitely drink this jamu everyday. My sister added that it's also good to reduce the cramps during menstruation. 


Today, my Daddy K came and we had lunch with roast lamb and Kabsah. It was rich with spices and raisin. We also ordered peri-peri sauce that was super yummy and hot. They also gave us generous amount of yoghurt. Maybe because today is Lebaran Day of Idul Adha, so they cooked the special ones for their customers. We also enjoyed our khunafa and crispy vegetable samosa. That's awesome. 


To be healthy, both internal and external support are required. To be content, that's fully my choice, and I hope I will always be guided with His mercy to make better decision each time I need to make one. Amiin, insya Allah. Happy tummy, happy me, and healthy. Alhamdulillah.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Puisi Terjemahan Rumi - When I Die

Saya mencoba menerjemahkan sajak yang ditulis oleh Rumi berjudul ' When I Die '. Selamat membaca, kawan! *** Ketika Maut Menjemputku Ketika maut menjemputku ketika peti jenazahku disiapkan jangan kau kira aku merindukan kehidupan dunia jangan menitikkan air mata jangan sesekali meratapi atau berduka cita aku tidak sedang terjerembab ke dalam neraka para iblis tatkala kau saksikan jasadku dipikul berhentilah menangisi kepergianku aku tidak pergi sebaliknya aku sedang berada di sisi Sang Maha Penyayang bila kau beringsut  dari peristirahatan terakhirku jangan ucapkan selamat tinggal ingatlah bahwa pusara sejatinya hanya sebuah tirai yang menyembunyikan firdaus di belakangnya kau hanya akan menyaksikanku terbujur di liang lahad kini lihatlah kebangkitanku bagaimana mungkin yang kau saksikan menjadi sebuah akhir tatkala matahari tenggelam atau bulan terbenam yang terekam di matamu tampak seperti akhir juga seperti senja namun sebaliknya, yang kau saksikan adalah fajar saat maut men...

The Awakening of New Energy

This one week, my mind buzzed. I know I had a lot to express. I always feel the urge to talk to people and barely know when to stop. I love creating world with words. Words are playground to me. Sometime I could slide, hop, roll forward, slither, or simply sit and watching people passing by. It's not a bout fun, but it's the awareness of creating more and more. I will try to invest 1 hour each day to write, to think, to get lost, to be found, to express, and write again. Over and over. I hope there will be more people connect and read me. Insya Allah 🤍

Choices

There will always be the first time for everyone. The first time to hear, the first time to feel, the first time to move, the first time to breathe and cry, the first time to drink, the first time to eat, the first time to respond, the first time to play, the first time to play together and solve the very own problem, the first time to enter school, the first time to teach, the first time to talk and engage with numerous audience, the first to be and do anything. . .till it becomes one day. . .the thing that was hard and challenging, could become a piece of cake. It takes courage, it takes sweat and tears, it takes sleepless nights, it takes restless days, it takes commitment, it takes everything. Maybe it takes your happiness away either. It may seem scary and it may seem crazy. It requires self and stress management. I always have choices amongst these options. I commence to reflect. Back then, I love to  compare people, wether it would be worth it or not at all. I compare A to B...